The New York Post is reporting that ESPN is close to a deal which would bring Dusty Baker to Baseball Tonight to replace the fired Harold Reynolds. Baker projects to be the first baseball analyst to wear wristbands and chew toothpicks in the studio. In order to make Baker feel welcome, the following changes will be instituted to the program:
- Peter Gammons will now chew tobacco in the studio.
- There will be a pond stocked with fish inside the studio so Baker can tell “fishing stories.”
- ESPN Wednesday baseball will modify the starting lineups so that the starting center fielders will lead off the game, the starting second basemen will bat second, and white players will not be inserted into the lineups until the sun sets.
- Tuesday night on Baseball Tonight will be “Hank Aaron Appreciation Night.”
- The title of the program will be changed to Baseball Tonight, Dudes.
- Web Gems will be replaced with Neifi Gems.